I ordered an Ultra Clear Pool Cover, and the product received was gray.When asked, In The Swim said "that's the name given to the product by the manufacturer" and that, even though the description says "ultra clear", the picture is of a gray cover.

Other covers on the site that say "blue" really are blue, so why this item is described as "clear" when it is really "gray" is a bit of a mystery. While they did accept the return, I had to pay the return shipping cost myself.

I would not have done that except Amazon offered to issue a credit for that cost.I do not recommend doing business with this company.

Review about: In The Swim Pool Cover.

I didn't like: False advertising, Poor customer service.

Had an Experience with In The Swim?

Comments

ITSCUSTSERV
West Chicago, Illinois, United States #1328755

Dear Customer,

We are very sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with the cover.The listing has the information and a photo is shown to make it known.

The listing states "Features an aluminized bottom layer for highly efficient heat transfer". The one layer is clear and the other is silver. This is in place so that it absorbs more heat and retains it in the water. A completely clear solar blanket would not be effective.

We apologize for the inconvenience and any confusion.

If you would like for us to look at your order we can certainly see if there is anything that can be done to help you.We would need your account information.

Customer Service

San Sebastian, San Sebastian, Puerto Rico #1327037

First "clear" is not a color.An object must reflect light in order to have a color.

Second, in the Amazon ad, there are questions which directly address the fact this product is gray. Also, the purpose of this product is to warm your pool.

Think about it: If it let all light through, then how would it absorb any of the heat either way.By being gray (we all know darker colors absorb heat from the sun), it does a better job of making your pool warmer, which is what it is sold for.